From long time I wanted to make our mangalorean chicken curry and I decided to give a try yesterday.As I am hardcore non vegetarian I like chicken recipes prepared by mom and trust me she is awesome when it comes to kori rotti (in tulu chicken is called kori ).On every alternate sunday you will get to taste this at our home as its the specialty of Shetty people 😛 My mom had given me one masala which we had got it from our native place.(its in below description ).You need not add any spices to it.So I thought to give a try with this masala.You can easily get the masala powder in any mangalorean store.
Kori Rotti is a famous spicy dish of Mangalorean cuisine, a mixture of red-chili primarily based chicken Curry and crisp dry wafers made from boiled rice.You can have this dish with rice, neer dosa or chapati too.
1 kg chicken
2 Onions-medium sliced
2 Tomatoes- medium sliced
3 tsp Oil
Ginger garlic paste
4 tsp kundapur masala ( packet shown above)
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
water as per thickness
For more recipes follow our facebook page : Foodchannelindia
- Clean the chicken pieces and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in heavy bottom vessel, put slice onions and fry them well.
- Put ginger garlic paste to it and saute it for 2 -3 min so that raw smell is gone.
- Put turmeric powder , chicken masala powder and salt ( ready made kundapura masala) to it and fry them well.
- Add tomatoes to it and let it cook for few more minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook on high for 4 min. Reduce the flame, place lid and cook for another 9-10 min, blend it well occasionally.
- At last add the coconut paste and put little water and see the consistency of it and put accordingly.
- Your chicken curry in mangalorean style is ready. You can have it with rotti or neer dosa or chapati.
You can even prepare this kori rotti with red chilly spices too but I have tried it with this masala as to see how it tastes.