Hello friends! After all non veg , veg recipes I came out with yummy desert recipe – Chocolate cake. Last week it was my mom’s birthday, and I wanted to surprise her with homemade cake, so it was my first attempt. It was sankashti and we dint want to go with egg base and hence I gave a try with eggless. Who doesn’t love chocolate cake ? When it comes to desert my dad’s face always lits up seeing sweets. Although mom takes all control over dads health but last week he was free to eat whatever he likes 😉 as it was her Birthday 😀
I have prepared this cake with very simple basic ingredients mixing all dry and wet mixture.This cake is made with twist as normally we use chocolate cream frosting to it but here I have used whipped cream frosting with dark chocolate ganache over it.Ganache is glaze which is heated using dark chocolate and whipped cream.
Follow our Facebook page for more yummy recipes : FoodChannelIndia
1 cup maida ( All purpose flour)
1 cup Cocoa powder
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4th tsp Baking soda
1/2 cup icing sugar
Wet Mixture :
100 grm butter
1/2 cup milk
2 drops vanilla essence
1/2 cup Condensed milk
For Ganache ( Chocolate layering)
2 big bar of dark chocolate
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degree.
- Take big bowl and start preparing dry mixture which includes all purpose flour, cocoa powder,baking soda ,baking powder and icing sugar.
- Take another bowl for wet ingredients – butter, milk, condensed milk.
- Pour the dry ingredients slowly onto wet mixture and mix it well till no lumps are found.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Spread butter and dust some flour on to the cake mould and place it aside.
- Pour the batter into cake mould and keep it for 40 min in oven.
- To prepare ganache take dark chocolate bar and whipped cream and melt it for 1 min in oven.Keep it aside for some time.
- Once our cake is baked , remove it and once its cooled put it upside down in a plate.
- Spread chocolate ganache over it.
- Decorate it with choco chips and cherry (optional).
You can also prepare it with pressure cooker. Next time I will be preparing in pressure cooker and you can follow the recipe on my page.