On Lazy sunday afternoon we both were cleaning our wardrobes and all of sudden my sister got allured to eat chow mein. Bored of same old dal rice, roti sabzi.Its summer time and we all want some different variety in food as we all know variety is the SPICE of life. :D. I coudnt say no to my baby sister as I have few days to njoy my vacation in India 😛
Chow mein and hakka noodles are almost similar,there is minor difference between two- Chow mein is general term used for stir fried noodles.Main ingredient in making chow mein is the hakka noodles masala which you can easy get in food store. (picture below).It adds the tangy spicy flavour to the cuisine.Chow mein is one of the most popular dishes in china.It is fast food which originated from china and imperceptibly it came to India.Follow my foodchannelindia page on Facebook – FoodChannelIndia
3 tsp oil
1 small green capsicum
7 to 8 beans
1/2 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp green chilly sauce
1 packet chings hakka noodles masala
2 green chillies
1/2 tsp vinegar
Salt and peper as required
Enough water to boil the noodles
- Boil the Hakka noodles in water .Add salt so that noodles get properly coated with salt.
- Add 2 tsp oil to the noodles so that they dont get stick to each other.
- Boil it for 5 -7 min.
- Once the noodles is half cooked switch of the flame and put it under cold water and keep it aside.
- Finely chop the veggies – onions, capsicum , beans and carrots.
- Chop the 5-6 garlic into small pieces.
- Take pan and put oil to it.
- Once the oil gets hot , add chopped garlic , green chilies.
- Put onions and add add chopped capsicum, carrots ,beans. Stir fry it for 5 min till the veggies get cooked properly as we have added carrot so it will take time to cook.
Add hakka noodles and toss it well and stir fry for a minute on high flame. Season with salt and pepper also add vinegar. Continue to toss and cook the noodles on a high flame for a minute.
Add green chilly sauce, soya sauce for pungent and spicy flavour.
After adding all smooth ingredients , you can add the main chings hakka noodles masala to it.
Add salt and pepper to it. Remember you have already added salt while boiling the noodles so put accordingly.
Mix them very well and cook for 3 more min.
Switch off the flame and serve chow mein in bowl.You can have it either with schezwan chutney or munchurian gravy !